Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Desperately searching for decal overcoat

Right, so last night I made the humongous decision that I was going to SKIP my theory lessons in the morning to go in search of the lost key of the Decalian empire..sorry the um final ingredient for my decal glass screen printing experiement..but by this moment it did seem rather epic!
Dougie, my knight in shining red armour drove me to my first port of call to pottery supplies in Ryde /homebush. I waited for at least 3/4 an hour while another customer was served (it was a big order so fair enough) and wondered around trying to figure out which tub was the one i wanted. Finally the other customer got his order and went...leaving Corey to help me puzzle out which tub held the stuff I needed which ended up being none as the shipment they had expected hadn't arrived from their other store in Brisbane. THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT TO HEAR!!! So I bought some binder which smelt more like honey than rocket fuel, a rubber kidney and some wooden tools went out to the van to wail my news at Dougie.. who sensibly said "where else?"
DEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath. Well possibly a place in brookvale or Finns. nope to both. Finally in desperation I phoned ceramaglas (who would of course have some but are in Victoria and I need it tomorrow) June (the nice lady at Ceramaglas) said yes we do have some and apparently was going to ask me if i needed any when i ordered the rest of the kit last week..but I sounded as though I knew what i was doing ( nothing could be further from the truth). June said she would express post me a small amount of the stuff and would try to get it out by the end of the day... I thanked her and Dougie drove me to college whilst I wondered if it had all been worth the effort and missing my theory lecture AND tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment