Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Studio day

Public transport aside this was a productive day. I had a meeting with Marcus to discuss the ins and outs of casting furnace glass and possibilities for the mechanics of the revolving maze. Some good ideas for making the model were suggested too..good half hour!
I screen printed the slices of bullseye for the tree and put them in the kiln for the enamel to fuse.

Then later I went back to the print studio to press more etchings, this time with 'better' paper. I wanted to print the Gryphon in red..Claude did say that red was a problem colour..being a bit transparent. When you look at that tub of thick rich colour it's hard to imagine...but she was right. I fiddled with leaving more ink on the plate (as you can see)

1 comment:

  1. The red one looks really interesting Spike - looking forward to seeing it in real life

    ReplyDelete