Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Keep by Jennifer Egan.


I've just finished "the Keep" by Jennifer Egan. It was recommended to me by my supervisor as an example of fiction with multi-voiced texts. So was 'The people of paper' but I haven't got to that one yet. The Keep carried me along sure enough, I read it super quick so I may have missed some brilliance. I liked the swapping between voices, and the unstated connection between them (until the end). It was enjoyable and surreal at times, a page turner (or tapper) but not brilliant. The story sets up with two cousins meeting again after years of silence. A teenage prank gone wrong is the cause of all the tension, there is a castle, there maybe ghosts and delusions and then there's this guy in a prison....

No comments:

Post a Comment